On August 7th, Netflix’s “USS Callister” (Black Mirror) unveiled a stunning life-size display in front of the Hollywood landmark Mutato Muzika building. Netflix executive Andy Weil introduced stars Jesse Plemons, Jimmi Simpson, and Cristin Milioti, who posed for photos and met with fans.
The “USS Callister” life-size display will be up in front of the Mutato Building on Sunset Boulevard until Friday, August 17th. Netflix brand ambassadors will be stationed at the site handing out branded swag from the Emmy-nominated TV movie.
“USS Callister” (Black Mirror) received seven Emmy nominations this year:
- OUTSTANDING TELEVISION MOVIE
- OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE – JESSE PLEMONS
- OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR DRAMATIC SPECIAL
- OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL (ORIGINAL DRAMATIC SCORE)
- OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- OUTSTANDING SINGLE-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
- OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL
“USS Callister” is beloved by fans and critics alike. According to Vulture’s Charles Bramesco, “‘USS Callister’ cements its status as one of the very best Black Mirror episodes when this crafty commentary improves upon the very sort of art it criticizes.” USA Today’s Sara M. Moniuszko stated: “Black Mirror has wowed viewers with its Twilight Zone-esque stories of parallel universes and make-believe societies – but Season 4’s “U.S.S. Callister” episode of the Netflix series strikes an uncomfortably prescient chord.”
Black Mirror is an anthology series that taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia. Without questioning it, technology has transformed all aspects of our lives; in every home; on every desk; in every palm – a plasma screen; a monitor; a Smartphone – a Black Mirror reflecting our 21st Century existence back at us. The series is created and written by Charlie Brooker, and executive produced by Brooker and Annabel Jones.
Learn more: https://www.netflix.com/title/70264888
USS Callister Event Gallery
Images by Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Netflix