Los Angeles, CA — The Cinema Audio Society (CAS) has set the date and timeline for the 55th Annual CAS Awards. The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television as well as Outstanding Products for Production and Post-Production. Recipients for the CAS Career Achievement Award and CAS Filmmaker Award will be announced later in the year. The CAS is pleased to announce a change in venue to the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown.
“We are delighted to be moving to the new InterContinental on Wilshire Boulevard — the tallest building West of Chicago. We love hosting our event in Downtown Los Angeles and as our Awards turnout has gotten larger every year, this new hotel gives the CAS a luxurious venue with plenty of room for growth,” said CAS President Mark Ulano.
The timeline is as follows:
- Entry Submission Form available Online on the CAS website at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org Thursday, October 11, 2018
- Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PST. Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Outstanding Product Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 PM Friday December 7, 2018
- Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online– Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online– 5:00 PST. Thursday, January 03, 2019
- Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019
- Final Voting Begins Online–Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Final Voting Ends Online– 5:00 pm PST, Wednesday, February 6, 2019
55th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, February 16, 2019, InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown – Wilshire Grand Ballroom, Los Angeles, California
For CAS Awards Entry Rules and Promotional Regulations: www.cinemaaudiosociety.org
About the Cinema Audio Society
The Cinema Audio Society was formed in 1964 for the purpose of sharing information with Sound Professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry.
The objectives of the CAS are: to educate and inform the general public and the motion picture & television industry that effective sound is achieved by a creative, artistic and technical blending of diverse sound elements; to provide the motion picture & television industry with a progressive society of master craftsmen specialized in the art of creative cinematic sound recording; to advance the specialized field of cinematic sound recording by exchange of ideas, methods, and information; to advance the art of auditory appreciation, and to philanthropically support those causes dedicated to the sense of hearing; to institute and maintain high standards of conduct and craftsmanship among our members; to aid the motion picture & television industry in the selection and training of qualified personnel in the unique field of cinematic sound recording and to achieve for our members deserved recognition as major contributors to the field of motion picture & television entertainment.