Los Angeles, CA — The Society of Camera Operators (SOC) announces the entrants in the Technical Achievement Awards. The awards will be presented at the Saturday, February 3, 2018 Lifetime Achievement Awards evening hosted at the Lowes Hollywood Hotel.
Eric Fletcher, SOC, Technical Committee Chairperson, has invited the following Technical Achievement Award Nominees to present at the SOC’s Demo Day on Saturday, November 11 at the Society’s offices in Burbank, California:
· Oppenheimer Camera Products Inc, OppCam Panhandle System
· Cooke Optics Limited, Cooke / i Technology
· Preston Cinema Systems, Light Ranger 2
· DrivingPlates.com LLC, DrivingPlates.com Plate Rig and Stock Library
· BB&S Lightning, AREA 48 Remote Phosphor Softlight, Soft and Studio Models
· RED Digital Cinema, RED WEAPON
· Sigma Photo, Sigma Cine High Speed Zoom and Prime product line
· DJI, Inspire 2
· DJI, Ronin 2
The Following Active Members of the SOC are the judging panel for Demo Day:
· Luke Cormack, SOC
· Richard Davis, SOC
· David Emmerichs, SOC
· Eric Fletcher, SOC – Technical Chair
· Dave Frederick, SOC
· Dan Gold, SOC
· Jamie Hitchcock, SOC
· Manolo Rojas Moscopulos, SOC
· David Sammons, SOC
The Technical Achievement Award is given to a manufacturer or technology that has demonstrated superior engineering, advancement of camera operation, and substantial facilitation of the craft. After the judging demonstration, the SOC membership has been invited to attend the Demo Day, offering hands on exposure to the gear and one-on-one time with the manufacturers.
For further information about the SOC’s Lifetime Achievement Awards and to purchase your seats for the evening:
About the SOC
The Society of Camera Operators (SOC) advances the art, craft, and creative contributions of the Camera Operator.
The SOC is an internationally recognized professional honorary society. The core activities of the Society are the support and furtherance of the position of Camera Operator, developing workshops and educational outreach, producing the annual SOC Award Show, publishing the Society’s magazine Camera Operator and our charitable commitment to The Vision Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.