Los Angeles, CA — The Society of Camera Operators (SOC) announces the nominees for Camera Operator of the Year in the Film and Television categories.
Camera Operator of the Year – Film Nominees:
- Stephen Campanelli, SOC – Sully
- David Emmerichs, SOC – Nocturnal Animals
- Mark Goellnicht, SOC – Hacksaw Ridge
- Petr Hlinomaz – Manchester by the Sea
- Jacques Jouffret, SOC – Deep Water Horizon
- Ari Robbins, SOC – La La Land
Camera Operator of the Year – Television Nominees:
- Andrew Mitchell, SOC – The People v. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story
- Ben Semanoff, SOC & Bruce MacCallum, SOC – The Night of
- Steven Matzinger & Greg Smith – Westworld
- Bob Gorelick, SOC – Stranger Things
- Aaron Medick, SOC – Mr. Robot
- Sean Savage, Assoc BSC & ACO – Game of Thrones
The Camera Operator of the Year Recipients will be announced at the February 11, 2017 Awards Show hosted at the Lowes Hollywood Hotel. Last year’s recipients were P. Scott Sakamoto, SOC – The Revenant and Steve Fracol, SOC – Scandal.
About the SOC
The Society of Camera Operators (SOC) advances the art, craft, and creative contributions of the Camera Operator.
The SOC is an internationally recognized professional honorary society. The core activities of the Society are the annual SOC Awards, publishing the Society’s magazine Camera Operator and our charitable commitment to The Vision Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.